Wednesday, August 29, 2012

$50 bill


1 Tim 6: 10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Money is the center of the Universe for those who pursue the worldly things. Money utilizes everything. It is the god of many. It manipulates one's life. Without money in your pocket, you may feel uncomfortable. Why do banks hire security guards? why do people go to work? why people do business? why  do people study? why do people corrupt? why do people lie? why do people steal? why do people kill? why do people boastful? why do people change? so many whys that are to be answered. In the above mentioned verse, it says " Love of money is the root of all evils".  By paying such a love of this material thing could change every iota of our being.

this $50 bill is very meaningful for me. It bridges my experience to the world where I am now. A simple, poor, and hopeless guy like me has given a hope to explore the world in such a precious way. I am a teacher by profession. Due to the fact, I am not satisfied to the industry where I belong, I seek brighter future in the foreign land. All I know there is a wide and vast green pasture at the end of the other side of the world but when I reached the place it was such a challenging and very tough environment that approached me. All the way from the Philippines, I passed Malaysia for a business trip with a meager amount of bucks in my pocket. From Malaysia to Kenya was a total suffering but I was not disappointed because I still believe it is a beginning. When I go to Uganda this 50 dollar remains in my pocket.This is the beginning of my life. A survival life, a suffering life and a hoping life. I can't see any light. I see myself insecure, inferior and a dumb. I can't do anything to increase the 50 dollar bill. Time passed, this 50 dollar bill disappeared. I have no 50 dollar on my pocket at all. It is alarming. How can I support myself. My business is no effect. It can not generate enough amount for a living. Now, Life has given me a nearly clear sky for the bright future. And I do believe that not only 50 dollar bill will come but more are coming. Those sacrifices and suffering in the past will be vanished with prosperity in the near future. My 50 dollar bill serves as my refuge and opened the door of opportunity. I do believe that there is the increase of this 50 dollar bill soon.
We must all learn to be wise on how to spend any amount of bucks we have in our pockets. We should remember that we need it but we don't have to love it. Once we felt in-love with money, it changes our whole personality and ruins our entire life. We are not living to earn and spend this money. we are here on earth with a purpose to express the one who created us. I am pretty sure that once we learn the secret of managing our finances we will be able to lord over our dimes. The secret to prosperity is to give back what is for God and share to the less fortunate people.

I would not definitely forget this 50 dollar bill in my lifetime. I wish more bills will be poured out so that I can help the needy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment