Thursday, August 30, 2012

UGANDA'S LOCAL FOOD

Matuki (steamed Banana), Sweet Potato, Boiled Pumpkin, Rice and Chopped green leaves. This is the local food of Ugandans. This is different from the food I used to eat in the Philippines. These are rich in nutrients and therefore rich in alkaline. This food when you order in a restaurant anywhere in Uganda is partnered with fried telapia, beef stew or beans. It is tasteful and it reminds me of a simple life back in the village.

This day August 30, 2012 at Velvet Cafe in The Prism Building kampala road , my friend Monic and I ate this Local food for lunch. It is delicious. I want to prepare this when I get back home in Mindoro.

I can't forget this day because we had something confidential talked about our family situation in the past which I came to know that my friend has a very good heart, kind and sincere person. we have some points of similarities about our family background. The only difference is that she got irresponsible father and her mother alone raised the ten (10) children and her father has 3 concubines. this is a terrible situation. I thank God my father behaved in such a way where he was able to raise us and took care of us while we are growing back then.

Anyway, I only shared to you this small bite of story over this local food of Ugandans. One thing is for sure, this can be prepared to wherever country you are specially if these main ingredients are present in the market. In so doing, you can experience Uganda's best even without coming on this side of the world.

I wish you enjoy this food by spending a little glance on its image.


2 comments:

  1. This is tasty Local food specially when you spread gravey. Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you coming back to uganda so that you can also taste our staple food

    ReplyDelete